When I first started my healing journey, I was alone. What I was healing from left me full of shame and really uncomfortable opening up to others. It was so big, it took all my attention and I struggled with surface talk. It seemed impossible to feel connected in a way that was real.
Then, as is so common when we hit a healing crisis, things actually got worse before they got better. Although I had the gift of desperation and really wanted to get well, relationships started to peel away, and I became very isolated (pre-internet days) on very little income.
Then community landed in my life! I was taken by my friends to a First Nations Sweat Lodge on the unceded territory of the Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation). Here I learned the healing power of being in the circle and being witnessed without judgment. Shortly after, I connected with a larger recovery community, committed to a women’s sacred circle, and learned the healing power of reciprocity by leaning and giving support.
You see, I don’t believe we should be in pain and alone. It only exacerbates the suffering. In fact, we are isolated more than ever these days and even though the internet “connects” us, many relationships have become more surface, lacking the depth and intimacy that creates the safety needed to get real and vulnerable.
Spiritual growth and healing is magnified when we find deep connection through community
That's not to say that all communities are right for us, or that we won't get triggered, but a non-judgmental space with healthy boundaries, and compassionate witnessing is healing balm. As my teacher, don Martin always says, “We don't work the Medicine on our own. It’s always in community.”
I've come to experience this as true, and it's the number one reason I’ve created the Soul-Healers Online Circle. It’s for anyone on a path of healing and spiritual growth.
The Soul Healers Circle is a monthly Q&A with me, LittleBird
It’s a community gathering where you get to lean into support on your journey of healing and transformation and includes:
- Exclusive, trauma-informed, practical tips and guidance to help you track and restore your mind-body relationship.
- Soul nourishing Earth Medicine and Healing rituals you can do at home or in Nature
- Guided spirit journeys (shamanic) to tap into your intuition and instincts
- First opportunity to sign up for all of my future offerings/retreats/trainings
Here's how you know the Soul Healers Circle is right for you:
- You’re new to your healing journey
- You know it’s time to go deeper in your journey of healing and spiritual growth
- You’re looking for community connection, support, and accountability in a private, safe space
- You’re seeking practical, tangible tips and steps for healing
- You need a scheduled, monthly self-care slot that’s just for you and your personal growth
- You feel stuck and need to change things up to go to the next level within
"We are hard wired to connect with others" ~ Brene Brown